Last Updated: September 18, 2020
St. George's has reopened for public worship!
As of the Province of New Brunswick's move into the Yellow Phase of the COVID-19 recovery plan, St. George's is once again able to welcome worshippers into the building for services. Please note that physical distancing and cleaning requirements from the province are in place.
When Can I Come?
Please see a list of our service times and join us when you are able!
What Do I Need to Do?
You do not need to pre-register to attend church at this time. However to facilitate contact tracing in the event of a breakout, we are required to maintain a log of all attendees by the Province of New Brunswick. Please sign this logbook in the entry of the Church.
As many parts of Canada and the world move into ‘the second wave’ of the pandemic, it is important for us to remain vigilant when we gather for worship and for other activities. Therefore, the Vestry requests that we all comply with the following protocols:
- Please sign in and sanitize your hands upon arrival;
- Please sit with the people in your bubble in order to optimize seating space (to do this, ropes on pews may need to be adjusted/changed);
- For a better viewpoint or for more space, some seats are available in the Chancel, where the Choir sits;
- Please feel free to wear a mask during any Church activity; and
- Please depart across the front of the Church and out the Chapel door; or please use the side aisle and depart by way of the elevator. Thank you!
What If I am Feeling Unwell?
If you have symptoms or have been ordered to isolate, please stay at home. Call 811 or complete the Province of New Brunswick's self-assessment tool to see if you should get tested for COVID-19.
Or, join us for live-streams of worship services.
Access St. Georges's Live: www.stgeorgesmoncton.ca/watch
To follow along, the Prayer Book Society of Canada's Online Book of Common Prayer may be useful. You may either download and save a PDF copy of the entire book, or access web versions of each section. If you want to follow along with a real book but do not have one, contact the church office and we can get one to you.
For the most recent information from the Government of New Brunswick relating to COVID-19, please visit www.gnb.ca/coronavirus